Tuesday 24 March 2009

Enjoy Every Moment.... Johnny Danger I love you!!!!



Today I got the phone call I always dreaded when Johnny was out on his motorbike. Thankfully he was well enough to make the call himself, and for that I shall be eternally grateful. 

Racing in the car to the scene of the accident, trying to be brave and as mature as I should be at my age, I clung to the fact that he said he was ok (even though he had said that when he cut his finger off with the chainsaw, when he had rolled the dumper, when he rolled the land rover....) 

When I saw the bike lying broken all over the busy road and the cars queued up with the sides taken out of them,  the feeling of grief was overwhelming. He couldn't be ok, judging by the state of the bike, he just couldn't. The ambulance door was closed, were they working on him? Had the shock hid his pain when he had rang me? What was that wet stuff on the road? Composure went out the window and I wailed like a baby. 

Luckily a policeman steered me away from the horrible sight and took me to the ambulance, and when the door swung open, there he was, sitting up fine! I had never been so pleased to see him in my life. 

He had flown and bounced about 50 feet up the road, and had he not had his leathers on, his strong, solid, familiar little body would have not been in one piece tonight. In fact he may not have been with us at all. 

Danger really is his middle name (he changed it by deed poll for a laugh, but don't tell his mum!) and honestly, the boy could break a crow-bar! He gets into so many scrapes and situations. He always tells me he is unbreakable, and I guess I have half believed him up until now. But he isn't. Life is fragile, and precious, precious, precious. Your own little world can shatter in seconds, with no warning. Make the most of it while you can.

Someone was watching over my action man today, there are no words to say how appreciative we are for more time together - we will be making the most of every minute.

8 comments:

  1. Sounded scary, I'm glad he's alright.

    Thanks for sharing and also visiting/following my page.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he is ok. Andrew, my boyfriend, has a motorcycle too and it scares the hell out of me when he is out in traffic. He does wheelies all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear he's okay. That must've been very scary!! Hope you have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness he's ok - and made of strong stuff (and in good leathers). A close call like that does bring things into a new perspective .. and up the appreciation level of life :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he`s ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,Take care.......Enjoy that garden of yours,,,,,,,,Some of my tomato plants are coming up,,Yeeeeeeeeee Ha !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have been emotionally exhausted after a day like that, and elated that your young man is doing well.
    My brother had a scrape with the pavement (literally) some time ago. We were so thankful he had on a helmet (not required, destroyed by the accident), jeans and a jacket (both shredded to rags).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bless, you are all loved up, soft mare!!! Ronnie laughed when I crashed the tractor, fell over a cliff and when he dropped an 8 foot 4x4 post on my head, now that's true love mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Linzi, that made for scary reading, very glad that he is ok!

    (Minnie-Moo's mum)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a wee message!